I find baking cakes and making bread truly therapeutic . A therapy that brings joy to me and de-stress me best . I know I sucks when it comes to frosting and decorating a cake but nonetheless I will try to do the best I could to make the cake look good and for example this chocolate mud cake.... I topped it with ganache and decorate it with fresh cherries. This cake was made with passion...lots of love and it was our Christmas gift to Chris's parents . ( Chris is Jo's bunny ) They love chocolate cake so I searched online for a good one and I found one and tweaks it to their liking. Less sweet and moist would be ideal for them :) This is my first time making a chocolate mud cake and guess what...the feedback was good and it did manage to make my 'coconut ' swelled for a moment LOL ! Well...we need praises once in a while to moot us to improve our baking skill ...don't we ? :p
I am actually looking forward to a spanking new year with loads to bake and a year to banish worry, doubt and fear . To love, laugh and GIVE !!!!
I was lucky to see some fresh cherries on sale at Jusco during the holidays and bought a pack back for decorating this cake. The cherries were sweet....I taxed one and savored it just to make sure the cherries were not sour and thank God it was sweet. Perfect for the chocolate mud cake . The cake was moist and aromatic with the fresh instant coffee and Bailey's . No wonder Chris's parents were full of praises for it ...a medal for my ego :p For me , homebaked cakes are priceless gifts....:)))
look at those sinfully rich ganache .....awwww wish I could
sink my teeth into them...mmmmmmm so virtual feasting
till I make again for myself :p
okay..okay...I know the frosting and decorating sucks
but to the not professional baker,
I mean Chris's parents
they would have thought I am artistic....LOL!
Chocolate Mud Cake
6oz of hot water + 2 tbsp of expresso instant coffee powder + 2 tbsp of Bailey's
8oz dark chocolate
1/2 tbsp chocolate emulco
1 tbsp corn oil
8ozs chilled butter
1oz brown sugar
5 A yolks
4 ozs heavy cream
5 ozs self raising flour
3 ozs plain flour
1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
1/2 tsp double action baking powder
1 oz cocoa powder
4 A whites
1/4 tsp cream tartar
1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1. Melt (A) over double boiler - cool it
2. Beat (B) until white and fluffy
3. Add (A) into (B) while the mixer is still beating
4. Add ( C) into above mixture in 3 batches
5. Whisk (D) until stiff and glossy
6. Gently fold (D) into A,B,C mixture until well combined
7. Pour mixture into a greased cake pan and bake in moderate oven for 50 mins.
8. Cool cake in cake pan before turning out.
9. When cake is cooled. Pour ganache on top and decorate with fresh cherries. Chill cake before eating
300 gms dark chocolate
100 ml heavy cream
50 gms butter
Melt the chocolate and cream in a double boiler. Add in the butter and stir till well combined. Cool mixture before frosting the cake.
Enjoy and have a great day !
* * *If hankering after HP2-E30 exam prep then signs up for best pass4sure 642-611 pdf and ase practice test for making your success certain for the actual exam.