This multi grains bun is one healthy bun . I made them to go with the corn soup I made last Friday. A lovely fresh herbs and wholemeal in them and coated with multi grains on the surface of the bun complete the fibre content in this bun :) Soft and fluffy and fibre rich sounds so good...doesn't it :) I love making them and eating them with homecooked soups like the corn soup and mushroom soup. Mmmmmm lovely and it is indeed so healthy. Love the multi grains on them too...taste good and I shall make more for our breakfast.
And not only it taste good but it is also easy to make. Some people finds making bread hard but I tell you it is not hard at all. All you need is a good cake mixer with the dough hook and you are ready to go. Not much kneading needed . I used the cake mixer with the dough hook and machine knead it for about 15 mins and the dough will come together as a ball. Take out the ball of dough and lightly knead it on a floured area for 5 mins. Leave it to proof for 40 minutes or until double in size, then shape them into equal balls and leave to proof for another 15 -20 minutes, then bake them at 200 deg C for 15-20 minutes or until they are browned and cooked. So easy right ? Practice makes perfect.
Multi Grains Bun
makes 14-15 buns
using a cake mixer with dough hook
220 gm high protein / bread flour
120 gm wholemeal flour
3/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp dry yeast + 1/2 tsp dry yeast
1/2 tsp oregano leaves
1/2 tsp tarragon leaves
1/2 tsp rosemary leaves
200-250 ml water
45 gm butter
Preheat oven @ 200 degree C
1. Add all ingredients ( A ) into a mixing bowl . Mix well on low speed.
2. Slowly add in ( B) water.
3. When it forms a rough ball, add in (C) butter. Knead for 5 minutes - butter should have incorporated into the dough.
4. Remove dough from the cake mixer and let dough rise - 35 mins.
5. Cut into ball of 45 gms each and roll into a ball and coat it with multi grains all round and place them in baking pan and let rise in pan 10 -15 mins.
6. Baked for 15-20 mins until brown and cooked.
7. Take out and cool in rack.
* * *