When I first saw this prune cake with less sugar on Pook 's blog - Daily Delicious, I was like ' wow , this is what I am looking for ' and have bookmarked it on my to-do list but I guessed having jump quequed so many other deliciousness, this cake has been pushed further down the list :p Until, last week, when I have to bake a lesser sugar cake that I remembered this prune cake by Pook ( I am her fan by the way :) )and it is the perfect cake for those who wanted to reduce sugar in their diet. I mean, this is not just for diabetic alone but for ME , I prefer low sugar cakes nowadays. Learn what it takes to make healthy dishes like this and maintain a healthy body. The cake texture is moist and fragrant with the natural sweetness from the prune. Mine was more brown due to the mashed prunes I guess ;p but the taste is AWESOME! A wonderful tea cake to serve to older people and I will be baking this cake for my cell group meeting come next Friday .
This cake is a healthy cake for all...less sugar and less egg and no butter at all. I like the fact that it is not just sugar less but also butter free and the fact that it has sour cream in it ...no wonder the cake turned out moist ! A keeper for sure :) Easy to whip up for busy people like me and less washing too...don't we like to hear that :) I used my silicone loaf pans and they turned out so cute....great to give as gift when visiting friends :) Thank you Pook of Daily Delicious for sharing such a wonderful and healthy tea cake with us :)
the main ingredients for this cake are ' Sun Sweet ' dried prunes,
corn oil, one egg, sour cream , AP flour,baking powder, baking soda
extra dried prunes for topping...lovely !
love how they puffed up a bit :)
this loaf is for my friend Ronnie and Kitty
hope they really love this sugar less cake :)
the sour cream in the cake give it the moistness
it deserves !
Prune Cake - Less Sugar - adapted from Daily Delicious
* I doubled the recipe
175 gm dried prune
125 gm All purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
50 gm sugar
60 ml corn oil
1/4 cup sour cream
Preheat oven to 180 C
1. Line the 21X 8 cm with the baking paper, set aside.
2. Take 4 prunes out and cut them in half, set aside for decorating.
3. Put the rest of the prune into the small bowl, pour hot water over,. rest for 20 mins
until the prunes are plumping up.
4. Drain the prunes and cut them into small pieces, set aside.
5. Put the egg, oil and sour cream together and whisk to combine.
6. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar, whisk to fully combine.
7. Mix the prune into the flour mixture, then make a well in the center.
8. Pour the egg mixture in the hole and mix with the spatula until just combine.
9. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Decorate with the prunes.
10. Bake for 25-30 mins or until lightly golden and a wooden skewer inserted into the center
comes out clean.
Enjoy and do try this prune cake which is less sugar and more delicious ! :)
Have a great day !
* * *