Every Friday night we have cell group meeting where we gather together to have praise and worship plus bible lessons/discussions/sharing and not to mention after the spiritual food , we will have some physical food :) I decided to make these light /moist and spongy little cakes with my favourite green tea cream filling....for the cell group meet up. This is the easiest cake to make and the most delectable one for that matter. This is my second time making it and I have room for improvement. I was inspired by Sonia of Nasilemaklover...she has a beautiful blog full of mouth-watering stuff and this Hokkaido chiffon cupcake liners and recipe are from her. You can order these cupcake liners from her. Check it out from her online store , she has plenty of baking utensils ...why the hassle of going to the physical store whereby you can order from her online store in comfort...just click and place your order and it will be delivered to your doorstep...which I did and I got it from her in just a few days after placing my order for these liners :) Thank you so much Sonia for the liners and the Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcake recipe. This time I filled the little chiffon cakes with green tea cream. I baked these delectable little cakes for our cell group meeting :)
this cake is easy to make...just need a bit of practice and
I know that soon I will be able to master the art of making
them light, spongy and yet moist.....as the saying
goes....practice makes perfect
I was happy to see that it rose up so well :)
I baked two loads...per load I can
make about 7 pieces
waiting for it to cool down before I filled them
up with green tea cream
it does look untidy but what to do ...the frozen shoulder
and tennis elbow make it difficult to do a
nice neat job :p
Dust the top with icing sugar and tada
they are ready for delivery :)
Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcakes taken from Sonia's Nasi Lemak Lover
3 egg yolks
35g corn oil
70g cake flour
3 egg whites
60g dairy whipping cream
1 tsp matcha powder
icing powder for dusting
1. Pre-heat oven to 170C
2. Arrange paper liners on baking tray
3. Hand whisk egg yolk and sugar till pale in color
4. Add in corn oil and milk, mix well.
5. Sift in cake flour, stir to combine.
6. Beat egg white until foamy, gradually add sugar, and continue to beat till soft peak form.
7. Take 1/3 of egg white and use a hand whisk to mix into egg yolk batter.
8. Fold in the balance egg white with a spatula till well combine.
9. Scoop batter into pre-arranged paper liners to about 3/4 full.
10. Bake for 20-25 mins on middle rack.
11. Beat whipping cream with sugar till firm and stiff ( over a bowl of iced water )
12. Mix matcha powder with a little water to make a paste. Add in matcha paste into the whipped cream. Pipe matcha cream into cupcake and dust with icing sugar. Refrigerated before serving.
Enjoy and have a great weekend !
* * *