When I saw these mouthwatering and healthy popsicles on Nami's blog, I knew I will make it for our weekend treat. The weather is hot and humid and these are sweet delights for WB and myself :) Easy to make and it is truly refreshing ! I can have two at one go ! If you are a fan of Greek yogurt and mangoes....you will love this for sure. Try making them and I am sure you will not stop eating at one !
Mango Lassi Popsicles - adapted from Nami Justonecookbook
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup plain simple syrup ( I cup water:2 cups sugar )
1.Cut mangoes into chunks and put in the blender. Add 1 tbsp of simple syrup and puree until it turns creamy.
2.In a large measuring cup, add 1/3 cup of Greek yogurt. Then pour the mango puree on top.
3. Add enough simple syrup to the mixture so that you have 2 cups total.
4. Pour into a large bowl and whisk it all together.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together 2/3 cup Greek yogurt and the leftover simple syrup.
6. Now you have yogurt mixture and mango mixture. Place both mixtures in the refrigerator for 30-60 mins until they are a little more firm ( for nice marbling )
7. Add the mixture to yur popsicle mold/cup, alternating between the mango mixture and the yogurt mixture. Wrap each mold/cup with plastic wrap.
8. Snip the plastic wrap on top of molds with scissors and insert craft sticks into each mold/cup. Place in the freezer for 4-5 hours until firm.
9. To remoe the popsicles from the molds/cups, run under hot water until they are easily released.
* * *