Some months back, I discovered this wonderful blog - Dragon's Kitchen and since then it has become my secret online recipe book :) I love every insanely delicious looking bakes and food that Paula posted up on her blog.
As I was browsing thru' her blog , I came across this mouth watering muffin she posted up - Banana Blueberry Lemon Muffins and after reading the post, I knew I have to bake it.....it is one fantastic muffin...it has a crunchy top and has a soft and moist texture and the combination of blueberries, banana and lemon was indeed great. As it was baking in the oven, the lemony aroma filled in the air. It smelled and tasted good that WB devoured two while it was still cooling down on the cake rack ! I am surprised that he ate them because he doesn't eat muffins except those buns that I baked during weekend. I guessed the lemon rind mixed with the sugar sprinkled on top gave the muffins the crunch and the aroma of baked lemon rind really whet one's appetite :)
Banana Blueberry Lemon Muffins ( taken from Dragon's Kitchen)
2 1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
2/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup blueberries
2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
3 tablespoons sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly grease muffin tin.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of the lemon rind.
3. Beat together bananas, eggs, brown sugar, butter, lemon juice and vanilla until blended.
4. Stir in dry ingredients until blended. Stir in blueberries just until combined. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, dividing batter equally.
5. For the topping, combine sugar and remaining lemon rind in small dish. Sprinkle evenly over the muffins.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden.
* * *