Christmas is just around the corner and chocolate is never a miss for Christmas. I baked this cake for last Christmas and I would like to take this moment to share with you Aunty Yochana's Chocolate Hazelnut Cake . It is chocolatey and moist. Nice to serve this cake beside the normal fruit cake for friends and relatives who drop by on Christmas .Day :)
Chocolate Hazelnut Cake ( Aunty Yochana )
Ingredients for cake:
150 gm. Butter
120 gm. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
125 gm. cake flour
15 gm. cocoa powder ( I halved this with black chocolate powder)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
30 gm. Orange juice
1/2 orange zest
75 gm. toasted hazelnuts - chopped
Ganache for pouring onto cake:
150 gm. bittersweet chocolate
100 gm. whipping cream
10 gm. butter
(1) Cream butter and sugar till creamy. Add egg one at a time till batter is smooth and light.
(2) Fold in flour, salt and baking powder with a spatula until well combined. Then add in orange juice, orange zest and toasted hazelnuts.
(3) Pour batter into 7" to 8" heart shape pan and bake at 175C for about 45 mins. or till cooked.
(4) Cool the cake on cooling rack till completely cooled.
(5) Pour Ganache on top and place some white chocolate shavings on top. Chill in the fridge till ganache sets.
Note: For Ganache, double-boil whipping cream then pour onto chocolate and stir till smooth. Add in butter and stir till well combined.
* * *