This is a moist chocolate cake with white chocolate cheese fillings. Old post taken from Elinluv's Tidbits Corner . You must be wondering how come the chocolate is so dark. Well, I used the chocolate powder from Germany. I bought it from Wah Seng, Jalan Cockman, Ipoh. Very pricey but it has a dark rich chocolatey taste. I used the steaming method instead of baking it. This dark moist chocolate cake is the steamed version from Dralion of kitchencapers forum and the fillings I got it somewhere from the internet ( can’t remember where I got it from :p . Another great cake for Christmas party :)
Steam Moist Chocolate Cake - adapted from Kitchen Capers
1 1/2 bar of butter (250 gm + 125 gm) OR Corn Oil **
2 cups of castor sugar
1 can of Evaporated Milk
4 eggs,lightly beaten with a folk
2 cups of Plain flour ***
1 cup of Cocoa powder
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Baking soda
1 tsp Vanilla Extract or 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
*** this recipe can be halve easily
1) Combine castor sugar,Evaporated milk,vanilla extract or essence and butter in a saucepan.
2) Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted,off fire and
3) Add the beaten eggs into the slightly cold Evaporated milk mixture and stir till well mix.
4) Sift the flour,cocoa powder,baking powder and baking soda into a large mixing bowl then pour the eggs mixture over the flour and stir till well mix (cake batter should be runny).
5) Heat up the steamer.
6) Lined and greased a 9 inch baking pan or 2 9'inch sandwich pan.
7) Pour the batter into prepared pan and place the pans into the steamer and cover the top of the pan losely with a piece of aluminuim foil.
8) Steam over medium heat for 1 1/2 hour (45 mins for 1/2 recipe/ingredients).
9) Cold the cake in pan before turning out for further decoration.
Recipe for the White Chocolate Cheese Filling ( meant for cupcakes )
4 oz white chocolates
4 oz cheese cream
¼ cup milk
½ tsp vanilla essence
Melt the white chocolate with the milk in a double boiler. Whip the cheese cream with the vanilla essence till creamy..slowly add in the white chocolate milk mixture to the cheese cream and whip till well combined. Leave it in the fridge for at least 2 hrs before applying on the chocolate cake.
Assembling the cake
Cut the cake into 2 layers. Apply all the white chocolate cheese filling on the first layer . Cover the 2nd layer and frost the cake with the non-diary whip cream ( whip till stiff)
Add chocolate shavings as toppings . Leave it in the fridge to chill and serve it chilled .