I guess many of us Chinese will be thinking what to bake for the coming Chinese New Year celebration I found this Green Peas Cookies recipe from Lydia of My Kitchen. I used self raising flour instead of plain flour. I find that using self raising flour the cookies are more fluffy and truly melts in the mouth. I love it...thumbs up and a big Thank You to Lydia for sharing this recipe :))) Easy to make and simply yummy !
. instead of using a cookie cutter, I roll them into balls
and using the back of the ball pen cover to make a small
indent on the balls :)) and glaze with egg yolk
( makes 65 pieces )
130 gm green peas ( snack type - grinded ) * I bought the ready ones from Wah Seng
90 gm icing sugar
1/4 tsp salt
170 gm self raising flour
100 gm vegetable oil
1 egg yolk
1/2 tbsp milk
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl till well mixed. Add oil and slowly mix until a dough is formed.
2. Roll dough into small balls. Place the balls 1 inch apart on parchment lined baking sheet. Using the back of a ball pen cover ( make sure you wash the cover before using ) make a small indent on the balls.
3. Glaze the top with egg yolk mixture.
4. Bake in preheated oven at 170º C for about 15 mins or until the surface is browned.
5. Cool completely on a rack before storing.
* * *