I love to take a peep at Piggy’s Cooking Journal Blog . Grace truly inspired me to bake :) I simply love her blog and this is her third recipe I have tried out and it is really good! I promised myself that I will try out each and every one of her shared recipes on her blog even if it takes me a few years to complete LOL! This rosemary and walnuts cookies is flavor packed and the walnuts add extra crunch to the cookies . Very addictive and I can chomp down the whole lot if WB did not stop me ;p . I not only enjoy eating them but I enjoy making them. Cute heart shaped cookies...you can also make them for next Valentine's Day for your loved ones.
Rosemary & Walnuts Cookies - adapted from Piggy Cooking Journal
50g unsalted butter, at room temperature
30g castor sugar
1 tbs milk
120g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
30g walnuts, toasted and chopped into small pieces
1 tsp dry rosemary
1) Preheat the oven to 170 deg C.
2) Using an electric mixer, whip butter and sugar until the mixture turns pale and fluffy. Add milk to the mixture, whip until combine.
3) Using a rubber spatula, stir in flour, baking powder and salt until well combined. Add in rosemary and walnuts.
4) The dough will be quite crumbly, knead until the dough is smooth and forms a ball. Keep it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5) Using a rolling pin, roll the dough on a lightly floured surface into 5-mm thickness. Cut out cookies with a 5-cm round cookie cutter. You should be able to get about 15 pieces.
6) Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and let the cookies cool on a wire rack. Serve.