I can never resist anything with greentea :p I am a green tea nut . I love the frosting of this green tea chocolate flavor on these soft and fluffy doughnuts. Every bite gives you the taste of the green tea in the form of frosting that makes this doughnut different from others. And the drizzle of white chocolate on the frosting adds appeal to the doughnut. The fragrant of the good quality green tea and the not overly sweet chocolatey frosting earned praises from friends. I hope these delectable pieces will stir a desire in you to want to make these for your loved ones .The fusion of east and west...green tea and white chocolate...truly a great combo and it transforms a simple doughnut into a heavenly piece of goodness and every mouthful will have craving for another piece. A keeper for sure. A great snack to bring to parties. I had so much fun making these .Baking and cooking gives me great pleasure. Happiness and contendment is an expensive wealth so to say and I will continue to strive for it!
dip the cooled doughnut on the green tea chocolate
don't worry...it is not overly sweet...perfect for a
person who does not have a sweet tooth :)
green tea flavored chocolate frosting on a simple doughnut
can bring so much satisfaction ....
Green Tea Chocolate Doughnut - adapted from Cadware Baking Cookbook
130ml fresh milk
4 gm instant yeast
1 (60gm) egg - Grade A
250 gm high protein flour
50 gm plain flour
20 gm custard powder
4 gm salt
35 gm caster sugar
25 gm anchor butter
1. Dough : Mix ingredients A. Place ingredients B in a CW electonic Food processor & Blender ( I used Philips food processor ). Use double-bladed steel knife to blend. Add ingredinets A, blend well until a soft dough is formed (takes about 2 minutes )
2. Cover dough with a damp cloth, leave it and let it rise in a warm place for 20 minutes before cooling it in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Flatten chilled dough to 1cm thick. Press into identical doughnuts with a mould. Line them on a tray and leave them to prove for another 30 minutes.
4. Deep fry the doughnut rings in preheated oil until golden on both sides.
Green Tea chocolate coating
( 150 gm – white chocolate
10 gm green tea powder
1. Melt white chocolate over hot water. Add green powder and mix well.
2. Coat the cooled doughnuts with melted green tea flavored chocolate ,
3. Decorate doughnuts with white chocolate lines on top of the green tea chocolate frosting.
Have a fun baking Sunday :)))
* * *