I am a fan of banana..any specie of bananas, you name it, I love it ! I can have them in cakes, in ice cream or munching them fresh as snacks. If you think bananas are just only for monkeys, you will think again after reading the benefits of eating bananas. you can check here for why we should add bananas into our diet .
I like banana cake that is moist and rich...mmmm and I found one that uses a lot of yoghurt and ground almond. The tip is add yoghurt to your cake mixture and it will be ultra moist . I baked one for our bbq party a month ago and it was a hit with my neighbors. I have infact baked this ultra moist banana cake many times in the past when my kids were schooling and they love it ! Since then this ultra moist banana cake has become the family favorite cake.
for the bbq party, I baked one and half load to feed 30 people
you can see how moist the cake is :)
Ultra Moist Greek Yoghurt Banana Cake
7 medium size banana- mashed or puree
250 gm unsalted butter - room temperature
175 gm castor sugar
110 ground almond
4 eggs - lightly beaten
350 gm all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsps baking soda
2 tsps baking powder
270 gm Greek yoghurt
1. Grease a 8" cake pan. Preheat oven to 170C
2. Sift together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
3. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in ground almonds, followed by eggs in 3 batches.
5. Fold in the flour mixture until well combined.
6. Fold in Greek yoghurt and lastly mashed bananas until well combined.
7. Pour batter into prepared loaf tins and bake in preheated oven for 35-40 mins
or until the skewer test comes clean.
8. Cool on wire rack completely before unmolding, cut and serve.
Enjoy , and have a great weekend !
* * *
* * *