Muffins! What more banana muffins ! I love anything banana ...I love them in cakes, muffins and cupcakes and in pancakes too. Banana packs with a big nutritional punch. And they are free of fat , cholesterol and sodium and provides a variety of vitamins and minerals and I am trying to import more banana into my diet :) It is freaking good for health and I am a banana nut. But bananas are expensive nowadays...mmmm maybe I should plant it container in my small space. Leaves can be used to wrap fish for grilling :) not a bad idea to grow my own banana :p Ok back to these delectable, moist banana muffins, it is easy to prepare and it takes only 30 mins for the whole process. These banana muffins are healthy for adults and children. Will definitely make them again :)
aahhh.... 6 yummilicious banana muffins waiting to be devoured :))
soft and moist, easy to digest
I mashed the banana coarsely so that one can
taste the fruit as you bite into the muffins
mmmmmm...mouth watering muffins....
Steamed Banana Muffins ( 6 muffins )
150gm self-raising flour
1/8 tsp baking soda
200gm mashed bananas ( I used 4 ‘pisang emas’ )
100 gm castor sugar ( I used 70gm only)
75 gm oil ( I used corn oil )
- Sift together self-raising flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar till ribbon stage.
- Mix in mashed bananas ( coarsely ) beat till well combine.
- Gently fold in flour mixture and oil alternately, taking care not to deflate the eggs and sugar mixture.
- Pour batter into muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Steam over high heat for 15 mins or till cooked.
The best and most beautiful things in the world
cannot be seen, nor touched…but are felt in the heart.
~ Helen Keller ~